CU Fitter Award
The CU Fitter Award in applied delivery of cancer exercise.
CU Fitter is the first structured, cancer specific exercise programme of its kind. Designed for qualified personal trainers or clinical exercise practitioners the programme leads to an award in the applied study of cancer-specific exercise.
Following completion of the programme and the successful completion of the assessments, participants will be enabled to deliver a suite of exercise initiatives to hundreds of cancer sufferers across the country. The programme has been developed by a high profile group of experts who have come together to create a holistic initiative which encompasses every aspect of cancer from the clinical to the psychological.
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the causes of cancer(s) and the integrated strategies for prevention, recovery and sur-vival
- Understand and critically evaluate the scientific research that underpins the benefits of exercise and physical activity in cancer recovery and survivorship
- Understand the importance of motivation to achieving successful patient outcomes
- Assess an individual’s physical and psychological needs and prescribe a suitable and safe course of exercise specific to their cancer type
- Design and deliver a suitable and safe programme of exercise for cancer patients both in group exercise and personal training settings
- Use assessment tools to benchmark an individuals’ current physical and psychological health
For more information about the ‘CU Fitter Award in Applied Delivery of Cancer Exercise’ please contact Jan on 01903 779880, or email by clicking here.