Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage, also known as ‘Champissage’, is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms which are important energy centers within the body. Performed over the clothing in a seated position, it is very relaxing and has a balancing effect on the recipient as it helps them to release stress and tension creating a sense of peace and wellbeing.
One of the oldest forms of medicine known to humans, massage has been practiced for thousands of years. The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. This Sanskrit word can be translated as the “science of life” or “knowledge of life”. The Ayurvedic approach to health is the balance of body, mind and spirit and the promotion of long life.
Indian Head Massage benefits may include:
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain;
- Calming, revitalisation and uplifting of the spirit;
- Creation of a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras;
- Relaxation of taut and uncomfortable muscles, easing stiffness, and the breakdown of knots and nodules in muscle tissues;
- Stimulation of blood circulation and the draining away of accumulated toxins;
- Increased joint mobility;
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system;
- Giving your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improved skin condition;
- The encouragement of deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of “feel good” chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness;
- Promoting hair growth;
- Helping to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, and depression that results in greater mental alertness, concentration and clearer thinking.
PLEASE NOTE: This massage therapy should only be given, with great care, to cancer patients by properly trained and qualified therapists.