Membership Terms & Conditions
CU Fitter™ Active Cancer Recovery Membership Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply to membership of the CU Fitter™ Gym and Active Cancer Recovery Programme by you (hereafter referred to as ‘the Customer’ or ‘you)’ or ‘your‘. Cancer United, a private limited company by guarantee without share capital and use of ‘Limited’ exemption (otherwise known as a not-for-profit organisation), no. 08347720, and a registered charity in England and Wales, no. 1155747, whose registered office is at whose registered office is at Millfield House, Station Road, Angmering, West Sussex, BN16 4HY (hereafter referred to as ‘the Charity‘ or ‘us‘ or ‘we‘). CU Fitter™ is a trademark brand of Cancer United.
- The start-up payments, the membership type and the associated lump-sum or monthly membership fees, initial payment term and payment dates you have chosen are set out on the application form (the initial term is the first period of membership).
- If you are paying monthly, you will be authorising the charity, via the Charity’s third-party payment processor, PayPal, to use that card to take the monthly payment. If you fall behind with your membership fees and this is not caused by a bank error, the Charity may charge reasonable administration fees or suspend or cancel your membership and the Charity may pass your details to a debt-collection company to recover any outstanding payments.
- The Charity may decide to increase the membership fees, but your fees will not increase in your initial term of membership. The Charity will give you one month’s notice of any fee change. If you pay your membership fees as a lump-sum payment, the Charity will only review your membership fees as and when your membership is due for renewal.
- The Charity offers several specialist CU Fitter™ courses that will comprise your individual Active Cancer Recovery programme. The courses and activities that comprise your individual Active Cancer Recovery programme, will depend upon your initial assessment by a fully qualified trainer, taking into account your ability, illness and advice from a doctor or consultant. Please speak to a member of staff if anything is unclear.
- If you need to take a temporary break from your club for any reason you can freeze your membership for a reduced fee, for one to 12 months, at any time after your second month of membership. ‘Freezes’ begin on the 1st of each month and you need to request the freeze at least five working days before this. If you freeze your membership within your initial payment term, these ‘frozen months’ do not count towards your initial contract length.
- You can cancel your membership within 14 days of joining and we will refund any membership fees you have paid as long as we receive your cancellation notice (see section 7) within this time frame.
- If you pay your membership fees upfront in one single lump sum, your membership will automatically end at the end of the initial term unless you choose to renew it. If you pay your membership fees monthly, your membership will automatically continue at the end of the initial term unless you give the Charity one full calendar month’s notice to end it. (Your one month’s notice must end on the last day of the initial term.) If your contract rolls over after the initial term, you can end your membership by giving the Charity one full calendar month’s notice. You must pay your full membership rate during your month’s notice. You can give the Charity notice: in person; by calling 01903 779880; or by writing to Cancer United (at the registered address, noted above). Example: You give notice on any day in April, but your full calendar month’s notice will not start until 1 May and you will leave on 31 May (your final payment will be for the month of May).
- You can cancel your membership at any time if your circumstances change to such an extent that it is not possible for you to continue to use the facilities (for example, you have an injury or medical condition, become pregnant, move to a different workplace, move house or are made redundant). The Charity will need to receive documents as proof of the change in your circumstances by the 15th of the month in order to cancel your membership at the end of that month. If the Charity receive documents after the 15th of the month your final membership fees will be taken the following month and your membership will be cancelled at the end of that month. The Charity will refund any fees you have paid upfront for a membership period that has not yet passed. You can also cancel your membership if the Charity seriously break these terms and conditions. The Charity can cancel your membership if: you have seriously broken the gym’s rules or any terms of this contract; you do not pay any fee or charge within seven days of the date it was due, and the Charity have written to you and given you a further 14 days to pay (so the fee or charge is more than 21 days late); the CU Fitter™ gym permanently closes (if this happens, the Charity will refund any membership fees you have paid upfront for a period of membership that has not yet been completed); or for any other reason if the Charity consider it necessary to end your contract.
- Our fully qualified staff will assess your fitness or capability to exercise, but the Charity strongly recommend and will seek advice from your doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all CU Fitter™ facilities and agree to keep to the conditions in the Health Commitment Statement, which is available in our gym and online. All members will complete an induction to the gym. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
- The fully qualified trainers at our clubs are self-employed. Any service they provide is a contract between them and you and we cannot accept any responsibility if a personal trainer breaks the contract or is negligent, unless the negligence results in injury or death.
- The charity will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property you bring onto our premises. You must keep to the gym rules, which are available in the gym and online at www.cufitter.co.uk. The Charity may change the CU Fitter™ rules if this is reasonably necessary. The Charity will give you plenty of notice if the Charity decide to do this. The Charity can transfer all or any part of its rights or responsibilities under this contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under the contract.
Cancellation of CU Fitter™ membership
When you join CU Fitter™ you commit to stay for a one month minimum period on a monthly rolling contract. Cancelling is easy once you understand the terms of your membership agreement.
To help, here’s a breakdown of your options and what you need to do next.
If you need to send in any documentation regarding cancellation requests please deliver it in person, send via email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ stating your enquiry, name and membership number (where applicable) and we will be happy to help.
Don’t forget, if your cancer recovery programme needs to change or be reviewed, due to changes in your health, please speak to one of our staff members.
Joined in the Last 14 days
If you are within 14 days of starting your membership you have a change of mind and decide you’d like to leave, just let us know and we’ll sort everything out for you. We promise no quibbles and no hassle.
To cancel your membership within the first 14 days of starting, just speak to a member of staff, email us at ‘email@example.com’, or call us on 01903 779880.
If you chose to pay monthly, you can let us know you want to cancel by at least one calendar month in advance of the date you wish to finish. It is your responsibility to cancel your PayPal recurring membership subscription, once you have completed and paid your minimum length and notice period.
Example: If you decide you’d like to leave at the end of December, you can let us know at any point as long as it’s at least one calendar month from the finish date (e.g. by 1st December).
If your circumstances have changed due to redundancy, financial hardship or sickness and you can provide professional documentation to support this, we’ll discuss cancelling your membership.
Made an annual payment
You paid for your membership in one go (annual payment) and are still within your membership period (i.e. 8 months into a 12 month membership), and your circumstances have changed due to redundancy, financial hardship or a deterioration in your health and you can provide professional documentation to support this, we’ll discuss cancelling your membership and refunding any pre-paid months (pro rata) you will no longer need use of. This does not apply to sponsored patients.
Sponsored members may give one calendar month’s notice of termination. At the termination of membership date, the sponsorship will automatically transfer to a new member as designated by Cancer United.
How do you cancel?
Just speak to a member of staff, email us at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, or call us on 01903 779880.
CU Fitter™ Active Cancer Recovery Membership customer refunds, associated with cancellation and in accordance with the above terms and conditions, will be made within 30 days of the membership termination date. Payment will be made via PayPal or by electronic bank transfer, as determined by the Charity.