The CU Fitter Gym
A Unique Development
Our new specialist one-to-one gym facility, located in Angmering, will be a light, calm, and welcoming environment where those in cancer recovery, can come and train in private with their instructor.
Downstairs will have a range of equipment available to suit the needs of each individuals programme, including all the familiar cardio, resistance and weight machines. Whilst upstairs, the light and airy open space allows for a variety of floor and other rehabilitation exercises.
The programmes are generally of 12-week duration. Referral can be via a healthcare professional or, simply by contacting us direct and referring yourself on a private basis, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
The personalised exercise programmes are created by our fully-qualified Level 4 personal trainers, who have undergone advanced training in cancer rehabilitation. Our approachable instructors are always on-hand to answer any questions or concerns and, offer advice and instruction on technique, alternative exercises or, simply to give encouragement.
Unlike a busy membership gym, the CU Fitter environment will cater only for people in recovery or with ongoing health problems. Further, the CU Fitter objectives deliberately compliment the NHS Coastal West Sussex CCG’s strategic aims of:
- Improving people’s health and wellbeing;
- Improving the health of people living with a long term condition;
- Reducing the number of deaths from cancer;
- Improving quality of life and increasing life expectancy;
- Provide an initial assessment and ongoing feedback to GP’s, if required, as an invaluable tool to ensure and monitor the continued improvement in health and fitness.