Terms & Conditions of Referral
The patient cannot be referred if the patient has:
- been recently diagnosed with heart disease, including angina;
- high hypertension (above 180/110 mm Hg) or uncontrolled hypertension;
- uncontrolled insulin dependent diabetes;
- severe or poorly controlled asthma;
- uncontrolled chronic obstuctive pulmonary disease;
- uncontrolled cerebrovascular disease;
- severe peripheral vascular disease;
- unstable mental state;
- not been passed fit to attend the course in the health professional’s opinion.
The patient can only be referred with specialist consent if the patient has:
- chronic muscle, joint or bone conditions that greatly impede mobility or require physiotherapist treatment.